Photographing Oakville

I have always found shooting close to home difficult, being a long time Oakville resident I get jaded with the local scenery. This Summer I decided to shoot close to home and hopefully see something a little different in my own backyard. The other thing I wanted to do is start a hashtag #lifeinthe905 just to see if I can get some traction with it in various networks and channels with other photographers outside the city in the GTA.

Now, the gear,  I used an Asahi Pentax SV, it is a mechanical 35 mm SLR made from about 1962 to about 1968.  It is a marvel of mechanical engineering and design. I own two them, the black one below and a chrome version.  They are pretty cheap online film shooters looking for a zen experience love them, either you use a hand held meter, the clip-on version if it works or roll with the "Sunny 16" rule. For film I used Kentmere 100 which is a budget black and white emulsion that when processed in D76 looks fabulous.

Camera: Asahi Pentax SV (the chrome one), Super Takumar 50 f1.4 lens, Super Takumar 135 f3.5 lens.
Film: Kentmere 100, D76 1+1.

Asahi PentaxSV in black with a Clip On Meter

Patriotic House_

Carpedia Headquarters_

Piazza Bistro Patio

Bronte Harbour Mouth

In the Outer Marina_

A Popular Spot to Sit_

Looking Towards the Inner Harbour

Restored Rements of Old Bronte_


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.