Test Roll with Bergger BRF400 in Toronto.

I ordered a brick (ten rolls) of Bergger BRF 400 from B&H a month ago to try out because every once in a while I want to try something new. To my understanding BRF 400 is re-spooled ORWO UN74 and if you're a real film photography geek this particular emulsion has a similar look to Eastman XX cinematic black and white motion picture stock.

Now to really test a film's latitude do it on a bright sunny day and BRF 400 handles well. Another true test is how it handles portraiture, I want to thank my friend Crystal for being my model, again the latitude handle it well. One thing, there is grain, either you're going to like it, or not. I used Kodak HC110 B at 7 min 30 seconds at 20c while not officially listed in the film specs from the Bergger website, Digital Truth had a developer and time combination.

I'm using this film primarily in city environments this Summer, will I buy more, don't know, I really love what I get from Rollei RPX 400.

Camera: Nikon F3HP, Nikkor Ai 50 f1.4 lens.
Film: Bergger BRF400, HC110 B.

Morning on Track 27

Cool BMW Bike_

Walking Along Wellington St. West

Resting GO Trains_

Crossing Over the Tracks

Crystal on a Wednesday Afternoon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.