Winter In Caledon So Far

Meet my brother Alex, my best friend, fellow film photographer and sometimes enabler when it comes to camera equipment. I haven't used the Nikkor H 50 f2 lens before for a portrait and I like what I got. Usually I use the Nikkor S 50 f1.4 lens instead but when skiing and I ski with my camera gear, saving weight is paramount, especially with Nikon gear which can be heavy if you're packing more than two lenses. The camera I used to take Alex's picture, a 46 year old Nikkormat FTN was a birthday present he gave me. The meter is spot on, which is amazing for a camera this age.

As for skiing, we got skiing up at Caledon Ski Club even though the surrounding countryside looked a lot more like mid to late March. I'm concerned that the season could come to an abrupt end because the base isn't that deep compared to other seasons. That said I'm enjoying taking pictures on the side of the road in Caledon on the way home at the end of the day.

Camera: Nikkormat FTN, Nikkor H 50 f2 lens, Nikkor O 35 f2 lens.

Film: Ilford HP5 400, HC110 B.

Alex Smith at Lunch

Looking Down Keene's Kicker

MacLaren Side Road Mid Winter 2016

Dairy Farm under Fluffy Clouds_


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.