Street Shooting in November Part One

My least favourite time of year for photography has to be November for much the same reason other people whine, it's grey, damp, cold and I did mention it was grey out there. Well, that's a poor excuse and I still head out and make the conditions work for me.

I don't get up to the Danforth too often, when I'm in the east end I'm usually visiting my brother Alex and his family in the Beaches. In this case I was up here on a dinner date, I wanted to kill some time beforehand and walk around the neighbourhood and travelled light with my Leica.

The odd thing while I love the Beaches even before my brother moved there 12 years ago, the Danforth and neighbouring Riverdale didn't provoke the same love. Does anyone else feel that way about a particular neighbourhood? My theory is this, while the Beaches are east end it does not feel cut off from the rest of the city due to its location by Lake Ontario, further north Riverdale and the Danforth are separated from mid town Toronto by the Don Valley.

Camera: Leica M4-2, Canon 50 f1.4 LTM lens,
Film: Ilford HP5 400 processed in HC110 dilution B.

Scan-131124-0008

Riverdale Side Street.

Scan-131124-0011

Scan-131124-0017

Fruitland Market


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.