In a moment of weakness I scored an Olympus OM2-n off ebay for about $45 Canadian taxes and shipping in off ebay. Considering they usually sell for about $150 at camera show circuit and Used camera counters, I made off like a bandit. I ran a test roll of Kodak Tri-x (results below) to test the meter and shutter speeds, they were fine.

I did however have to replace the rear seals and decided to do it myself, so I ordered a seal kit from Jon Goodman and took three hours out to do the procedure. While painstaking, the icky part of the seal replacement is cleaning the old goo out.

I also bought a Zuiko 50 f1.8 lens off KEH for the camera and I plan to use the combo this weekend.

I took the below shots near Bedford Rd. in Yorkville a few weeks ago, I protected against light leak with the bottom half of an ever-ready case.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.