I am doing something potentially brilliant, or I fall flat on my face. I am finishing up my public relations certificate this fall and I have to do a "project" for the PR project course, in this case a 20 page article on a topic of my choosing relating to what I have learned. I chose the topic relating both my professional passion which is PR and communciations and my hobby/artistic outlet of photography.

So, my topic for this course will be the roll of photography in the realm of public relations and communications. I don't think it gets quite the care and respect it deserves, we put our energies into the key messages and the visuals become window dressing. Reality is, a well chosen set of photographs will re-enforce key messaging in the article, on the website or in social media. A poorly chosen photography could at best draw attention away from key messaging and at worst potentially offending a public you are trying to reach. I also want to cover off ethical issues regarding corporate/editorial photography and the rise of harvesting images from Flickr to save money at the expense of the photographer who took the shot.

My challenge is there is not a lot of reading material, so it looks like I am going to be interviewing a lot of people for this project.

No fear there will be more pictures in the next posting, I picked up a Nikon FM and FE and love both camera bodies, you will see the results shortly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.